Great news! Starting this week, we are rolling out the Invest From the Ground campaign in the first of our five pilot communities: East Hollywood.
Alongside our amazing local partners—East Hollywood Business Improvement District (EHBID), The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, Hollywood Hotel, The Los Angeles Beautification Team (LABT), Million Trees LA and Street Tree Seminar —we’ll be working to improve the East Hollywood community by raising awareness about the benefits of trees for both local business and public health.
Through local outreach and events, we’ll be sharing tree care tips and facts you might not know, such as:
- Trees can actually improve businesses’ bottom lines, drawing in more customers, who will pay more, stay longer and leave happier. They can also raise property values—both commercially and residentially.
- Trees also clean our air and our water and improve our mental and physical health. They even reduce crime and make commuting less stressful.
If this post has you eager to learn more or find out how to bring these great benefits to your block or business in East Hollywood, you’re in luck! We have two great events coming up that we hope you’ll join and our fabulous local partners for. You can find details below.
We really are so excited to kick off this campaign! We truly believe in the power that trees, parks and green spaces have to help East Hollywood’s businesses thrive. We hope that through this campaign you’ll see why and join our efforts.
Tree Planting – June 1st
Over the past five years, our partners at the East Hollywood Business Improvement District (EHBID), Million Trees LA and the LA Beautification Team have been hard at working improving East Hollywood by investing from the ground up.
They’ve recently focused their efforts on making the Vermont Avenue corridor one of the greenest and greatest business areas in LA. To date, Million Trees LA has donated 101 trees to the effort—88 of which have already been planted, thanks to the great work of the Los Angeles Beautification Team. At this event, join our partners and us for the planting of the final 13 trees.
We hope you’ll join us in celebrating this amazing milestone, while learning a thing or two about tree care and upkeep! View the event flyer here.
Business Improvement Forum – June 4th at Hollywood Hotel
- This exciting and educational evening isa great chance to:
- Network with other business owners who are involved in making Vermont Street one of the greenest business corridors around
- Learn how trees can improve your profits while also improving public health
- Meet local tree care experts who will be onsite to answer your questions
- Hear from two leading academic experts on the benefits of trees:
Dr. Kathleen Wolf (University of Washington): A research social scientist, Dr. Wolf is a leading expert on how businesses can turn trees into higher profits and happier customers. She has a joint appointment with the US Forest Service Pacific NW Research Station and received her Ph.D. from the University of Michigan.
- Dr. Dick Jackson (UCLA): Pediatrician and Chair of Environmental Health Sciences at UCLA’s School of Public Health, Dr. Jackson is a renowned expert on how the built environment can stop the costly health problems our kids face. He’s served as California State Health Officer and at the CDC’s National Center for Environmental Health. Jackson is host-narrator of PBS’ 4-hour series, Designing Healthy Communities, and co-author of the companion book of the same name.
RSVP early to save your seat! Click here to sign up today and view the event flyer.
Missed the event? Click to check out Dr. Wolf’s and Dr. Jackson’s fantastic presentations (as PowerPoint slides). View a video of Dr. Wolf’s presentation. View video of Dr. Jackson’s presentation. Click here to view the handout on how trees benefit public health and businesses.
Want to be the first to know about new event details and other big campaign news? Sign up for our “Invest From the Ground Up-dates” today.